I have to admit I don't understand that logic completely.  I can run a
swing app if I have java.  For an eclipse plug in I need eclipse too..

The console was designed in MVC style, so it should be relatively easy
to implement the additional Swing/AWT view for it if there are any
volunteers.

As for eclipse, the logic here was to advance the idea
"Harmony+Eclipse will beat everybody" :-)

Thanks,

2006/8/9, Geir Magnusson Jr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:
> Alexei Zakharov wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Sorry for disturbing you again :) but I'd like to announce another
>> code contribution on behalf of Intel. This the independent
>> implementation of Java management console. RI has a built-in console
>> called "jconsole" [1]. BEA has proprietary "JRockit Management

> Awesome!!! I love it. An eclipse plugin makes *way* more sense than
> separate swing app.

I have to admit I don't understand that logic completely.  I can run a
swing app if I have java.  For an eclipse plug in I need eclipse too..
.anyway, I'm really happy this made it here too.

> Now I wonder, should this be shipped with harmony or should we make it
> available as another tool?
>
> Either way, I'm already +1 on accepting the patch because it would boost
> the work on the java.lang.management.
>
> Since this tool is dependent on nothing that is harmony specific, I
> think it might be worthwhile starting up as a separate subproject
> supervised by harmony... but I'm not sure this is kosher with the
> current incubation guidelines.

For now, I think the prudent thing is to just get it into SVN, make it
clear how to use it, and answer this question in a few months time.

--
Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Middleware Product Division