On 8/10/06, Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:

Stepan Mishura wrote:
<snip>
>> BufferOverflowException());
>> >

>> > But then you have to move generated file to the appropriate place by
>> hands.
>> > Is this convenient?
>> >

>> Hi Stepan,
>>
>>     IMO, most ser file should be put into a certain directory, so the
>> the appropriate directory is always there.
>>
>>     I'd like to add a new method to the framework as:
>>
>> public static void createGoldenFile(TestCase test,Object object)
>> throws  IOException {
>>     createGoldenFile("src/test/resources/serialization",test,object);
>> }
>

> But if 'root' param is relative path them the generated file is placed
in
> 'bin' (i.e. <module_root>/bin/test).  folder. Am I right? So you have to
> move it by hands anyway to
<module_root>/src/test/resources/serialization
> folder.

Ah sorry, I only test it on eclipse. Yes, if run on ant, it would
properly be "<module_root>/bin/test".

IMO, mostly, people write code and create file once (for me, on
eclipse), so it is still a convenience if the framework offer such method.

And for people who use ant to run test, still can offer a method  for
that, e.g.
public static void createGoldenFileUsingAnt(TestCase test,Object object)
   throws  IOException {
createGoldenFile("../../src/test/resources/serialization",test,object);
}

Am I right? Thanks! :)

IMHO the framework shouldn't contain methods that work for selected tool
only.

Thanks,
Stepan.