Iñigo wrote:
> Hello:
>     I was trying to run Freemind under Windows XP Home Edition SP 2
> using the latest harmony snapshot (August 4th). I have already run it in
> Ubuntu Dapper, and it went fine, although freemind was not capable of
> exporting to other formats (I think it is because javax.imageio package
> is not implemented yet) Well, the question is that under Windows I get
> an OutofMemoryError (no stack trace available) I have tried increasing
> the heap size: java -Xmx512M -jar freemind.jar, but I still get the same
> error message.

Have you tried -Xmx1g ? :)

The current GC implementation has several inefficiencies in handling objects
of size ~60 kb. In the worst case up to 53% of the heap can be wasted.

To get more information about heap usage, please add the command line argument
-verbose:gc*, and it will print a lot of information about its internal state.
Could you please send it to the list?

OutOfMemoryError can be caused by other reasons as well, e.g. shortage
of memory when creating new thread
(basically whenever VM developer decided that OutOfMemoryError was a right
thing to throw) -- this can be identified if the OutOfMemoryError was
thrown without any garbage collection logs before.