Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

Jean-frederic Clere wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:

Rana Dasgupta wrote:

On 8/22/06, Gregory Shimansky <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

>According to Geir the snapshot from last week lasted just one minute more
:)

>It exception is the same, time is the same, then what is the difference?

I most likely misread. I thought that Geir was saying that with the TM patch the exception is raised instantly and repeats. Without the TM patch, it happens after an hour both with last week's snapshot and with the current
SVN head.

So I've retried with a clean build, and then the new 1.2M patch from Salikh (that impressively does apply cleanly) and both result in the same - the failure I reported w/o 10 seconds of start up with tomcat.

I think the thing to do here is :

1) really hope that someone can reproduce it tonight

With head without the patch I have (TC goes on working after):

[SNIP]

Aug 23, 2006 8:37:42 AM INFO org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start: Server startup in 6611 ms Aug 23, 2006 8:40:15 AM WARNING org.apache.jk.common.ChannelSocket.acceptConnections: Exception executing accept
Throwable occurred: java.net.SocketException: Interrupted system call
at org.apache.harmony.luni.platform.OSNetworkSystem.acceptStreamSocketImpl(OSNetworkSystem.java)

[SNIP]

Odd.  What platform/OS?

RHEL4 on i686.

Cheers

Jean-Frederic

Foro you, it happened in 2.5 min or so, not the hour it took me. (Boy, this would have saved me time yesterday....)

I have not tried with the patch.

The weird thing is that I would also expect it on the ajp13 socket but I don't get it.

Thanks for doing this...