Nathan Beyer wrote:
> For those kind souls working that help release the IBM VME, I'd like to ask
> for an implementation of the "sun.misc.Unsafe" interface for the next
> release to facilitate the 'concurrent' modules continued development. As
> such, the only portion of the Unsafe class that would need to be implemented
> is what's defined in the 'luni-kernel' module. Additionally, the
> 'concurrent' module has one other requirement and that's the implementation
> of a native method in AtomicLong [1]. My initial goal it to be able to
> enable all of the tests in the 'concurrent' module's build (all tests are
> currently disabled).

Hey Nathan -- I'm just about to set off for a few days, but briefly, I'd
expect that we'd agree on an addition to the luni kernel for some
o.a.h.FooBar type that has the required functionality, and create
sun.misc in the suncompat component.

--

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.