Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
Excellent!  lets get this as part of our test rig...
That sounds like a good idea.

I think DRL should be able to run all of the benchmarks.

Eclipse presents a minor hurdle since it expects a Sun-like organization of jre libs. However, I've added a workaround for this for now (new to this release). I'll be interested in working with DRL people on developing a better long-term solution. Ideally we'll include in the benchmark a jre lib stub which eclipse will always build against, regardless of the JVM being tested. This avoids the problem DRL was seeing and also ensures the test workload is not affected by the organization of the host JVM's libs.

For those who are curious: the eclipse benchmark includes performing some eclipse source builds. In the case of our benchmark, this entails compiling parts of the eclipse sources. These compilations need to be with respect to some jre libs. Eclipse has its own expectation of where to find such libs and how they will be laid out. Sun-based JVMs work fine, but many others (including DRL) will not. IBM's j9 has a different layout, but works by virtual of special-casing within the eclipse codebase.

Cheers,

--Steve