On 9/4/06, Ivan Volosyuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Weldon,

what is the "user-mode"?

Thanks for asking.  Basically I call MMTk's object alloc() routine from java
application code instead of from DRLVM JIT runtime helper.  I use vmmagic to
patch up stuff.  The trick is to hide the objects allocated out of MMTk's
heap from the underlying GCV4.  For more detail, please look at
drlvm/trunk/vm/mmtk/*.java files.

--
Ivan

--