Evgueni Brevnov wrote:
On 9/6/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Evgueni Brevnov wrote:
> HI All,
>
> Good news! I have a patch to run DRLVM with the classlib's launcher
> (I've checked Hello and Eclipse applications on Windows only).
> Actually, there are two patches. The first one is for classlib which
> changes vm default directory to drlvm.

I don't think we should do that - we'll keep it the same as it is now -
"default".

Why should we change it?

I don't care about it too much. Let it be "default". In that case
-vmdir option should be specified each time. Is it convenient for
users?

? right now, "default" is the default. So the user doesn't have to specify anything...

With the DRLVM stuff in jre/bin/default the user just types

     java

> BTW it seems there will be some problems with hythr.dll library
if we wish to use drlvm and j9 in simultaneously. But that's another
story...

Yes, we need to resolve this.

> The second one is for build
> system and VM itself. Unfortunatelly, it is impossible to eliminate
> all problems in a short period of time. There is still a bunch of work
> in initialization and jni modules. So this patch is just a one more
> step to our goal.

Great.  As I said in other mails, the build stuff isn't the part to
worry about but rather the VM itself.

So does this patch do it completely, or should we wait?

Yes, the patch contains changes for both parts vm and build.
It was easy for me to change the build than do manual manipulations each time to
check whether it runs OK or not.

So does this mean if I apply the patch, then DRLVM works w/ the launcher from the jre/bin/default directory w/o any problems?

geir