Good.

Also, don't just do things in JIRA. Add the comment in JIRA, but also send something to the dev list. That way, people who are interested will more easily notice and maybe offer to help, or such...

geir

Oleg Khaschansky wrote:
Hi all,

There were situations when several people started work on the same
issue simultaneously. This happens because it is impossible to assign
an issue to a non-committer. I suggest the following process to
prevent these collisions:

1. If non-committer starts investigation and is pretty sure that he
will proceed with the patch then he adds a comment like "starting
investigation" to the JIRA issue. Maybe we should have a special
keyword for this to make a search easier.
2. If for some reason he is unable to provide the patch, he adds a
comment about this also.

What do you think about this?

--
 Oleg