Weldon Washburn wrote:
On 9/1/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Artem Aliev wrote:
> The hyport and hy* are a porting layer that provides os independent
> interface.
> hysock_select() does not return EINTR on windows why it should do it
> under linux?
> either user presses Ctrl-c or ctrl-\ or VM uses other signals for its
> owns needs.

I think you just gave me the answer.

The *caller* to hysock_select() needs to decide what to do on EINTR, not
hysock_select() itself.

I still don't think this is a perfect solution, but I think it's better :)

Does the above solve the problem completely or is it a temporary patch?

I don't know, but happy to call it a temporary patch - right now we're stuck, because we can't even run tomcat and I want to do a new snapshot.

Will the caller to hysock_select() need to have "#ifdef Windows.... #ifdef
Linux..."?

We already have platform specific code that calls hysock_select()