Nathan Beyer wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Nathan Beyer wrote:
I've done some tweaking to the build scripts around compiler usage and
wanted to run it by the list for comments, etc.

*       I've removed the "-showversion" JVM argument from the module build
scripts that were using it when executing the tests. The launcher
behavior
changed a bit here, so this isn't working with the IBM VME yet. This can
be
added back later. Note: this wasn't consistently being used in all
scripts
prior to this change.

right - I don't think it's much of a loss to not have it, but we'll put
it back as soon as we can.

*       Following the lead of other 'javac' properties configured in the
/make/properties.xml file, I've added a 'hy.javac.compiler' property
that is
used by the scripts to set the 'compiler' property on 'javac' tasks.
Currently, this is just set to 'modern' to maintain the previous
behavior.

Why didn't you make it "hy.jc.cr"?  Seriously.  Would it have killed you
to put in the "armon"?

Personally, I would prefer that, but in this case I was just trying to be
consistent. All of the other javac properties are prefixed with
"hy.javac.XXX".

Be bold!  Lead those that are aesthetically challenged!

[SNIP]
The other big reason to do this is to attempt to use the Eclipse (ECJ)
compiler for the build. I've tested using the ECJ by setting the new
property and the build and tests work as normal, but I haven't found a
way
to use the ECJ without manually placing the ECJ JAR in the ANT_HOME\lib
folder. As such, I've left the compiler property at 'modern' for now.
Ugh.  I thought it was working before w/o having to put it in ant/lib,
although i don't remember the reason why we took it away.

I don't think it was ever working with the Eclipse compiler before, was it?

I think so.  I think that Mark undid it.