After two-day struggling with JarFile, ObjectInputStream and
MessageDigest, in the end, I have identified the root cause. And now I
have two panda-eyes[1] ;-)

It seems a bug of
org.apache.harmony.security.provider.crypto.SHA1Impl.  As I have no
idea about SHA1. Could any one have a look at this problem?

The following test case passes on RI, but fails on Harmony.

   public void testUpdate() throws NoSuchAlgorithmException {
       byte[] bytes = { 0x6e, 0x61, 0x6d, 0x65};
       MessageDigest sha1 = MessageDigest.getInstance("SHA1");
       byte[] digest1 = sha1.digest();
       byte b = 0x04;
       sha1.update(b);

       for (int i = 0; i < bytes.length; i++) {
           sha1.update(bytes[i]);
       }
       byte[] digest2 = sha1.digest();

       sha1.reset();
       byte[] digest3 = sha1.digest();
       assertTrue(MessageDigest.isEqual(digest1, digest3));

       sha1.update(b);
       sha1.update(bytes, 0, bytes.length);
       byte[] digest4 = sha1.digest();

       assertTrue(MessageDigest.isEqual(digest2, digest4));
   }

[1]http://www.panda.org.cn/zhuye/bbe.jpg

Best regards,
Richard

On 9/11/06, Richard Liang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 9/9/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I was trying the latest snapshot with the JBoss installer (4.0.1) and
> found a problem processing the SHA signatures int the jar manifest.
>
> I've entered a JIRA - HARMONY-1412

I will have a look at it. ;-)

> geir

Richard Liang