From: Paulex Yang [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, September 12, 2006 4:50 AM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [build] anybody seeing MathTest failure?

Mikhail Loenko wrote:
it works! thanks, Paulex
Welcome, thanks a lot for Spark's tips:).

However, I consider it as a JUnit's bug, because it's
assertEquals(String, double, double, double) method has special handling
code for INFINITE but not for NaN[1], but seems it is intended behavior
as the comment shows, hmm...

[1] snippet from junit.framework.Assert
    static public void assertEquals(String message, double expected,
double actual, double delta) {
        // handle infinity specially since subtracting to infinite
values gives NaN and the
        // the following test fails
        if (Double.isInfinite(expected)) {
            if (!(expected == actual))
                failNotEquals(message, new Double(expected), new
Double(actual));
        } else if (!(Math.abs(expected-actual) <= delta)) // Because
comparison with NaN always returns false    (<== Paulex: before this
line, seems should check the NaN at first)
    }