I'll fix it with great pleasure!

BTW, I managed to run Eclipse 3.2 even with that buggy code. But running
java -jar fails.

Elena

On 9/14/06, Evgueni Brevnov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Ha-ha that code was buggy anyway :-) As I've already said we do need
filter Thread.runImpl frames for java threads created by calling
Thread.start method. Elena, you've fixed that code once, probably, you
wish to fix it once again? :-)

Thank you
Evgueni

On 9/14/06, Elena Semukhina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Oops, I haven't waited for Evgueni's message. The fix suggested in
> HARMONY-1431 does not imply the launcher implementation...
>
> Thanks,
> Elena
>
> On 9/14/06, Elena Semukhina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> >  Actually, the code should be fixed rather than commented out in the
> > following way:
> >
> >     //--size;
> >
> >     // skip the VMStart$MainThread.runImpl() if it exists from the
bottom

> >     // of the stack along with 2 reflection frames used to invoke
method
> > main
> >
> >     static String* starter_String =
> > genv->string_pool.lookup("java/lang/VMStart$MainThread");
> >     Method_Handle method = frames[size - 1].method;
> >     assert(method);
> >
> >     if (!strcmp(method_get_name(method), "runImpl")
> >         && method->get_class()->name == starter_String) {
> >         for (; --size;) {
> >             method = frames[size - 1].method;
> >             assert(method);
> >             if ((strstr(method->get_class()->name->bytes,
> > "java/lang/reflect"))
> >                 == NULL) {
> >                 break;
> >
> >             }
> >         }
> >     }
> >
> >     ASSERT(size >= skip, "Trying to skip " << skip
> >         << " frames but there are only "
> >         << size << " frames in stack");
> >

> > The fix has been submitted in HARMONY-1431 which depends on
HARMONY-1363.

> > As for Eclipse's silent exit, please try to find what has happened in
the
> > eclipse/configuration/*.log files.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Elena
> >
> >  On 9/14/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to understand why this is no longer necessary.
> > >
> > > (Just provide some background for all of us to help start
understanding
> > > the structure and operation of DLRVM....)
> > >
> > > geir

> > > &

/nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/vgorr/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/kernel_classes/native/org_apache_harmony_vm_VMStack.cpp:301:

Java_org_apache_harmony_vm_VMStack_getStackTrace(JNIEnv*,

> > > tested

vm\vmcore\src\kernel_classes\native\org_apache_harmony_vm_VMStack.cpp

> > > the

> > > ActiveMQ)

> > > first

> > > minimal

> > > value
> > > removed.

> > > from
DRLVM

/cygdrive/c/DrlSrc/drlvm/trunk/build/win_ia32_msvc_debug/deploy/jre/bin/java

/nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/vgorr/drlvm/trunk/vm/vmcore/src/exception/exceptions.cpp:143:

> > > on

> > > out

> > > in

> > > from a