I understand what you are asking.

Why not just have launcher pass -help to VM...

geir

Tim Ellison wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
Tim Ellison wrote:
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
Ignore me.  There is a crash below.  I only thought you were complaining
about the output of the launcher.

(I do think my point still stands re the output of "java" :)
I don't get it?  How do you tell the VM that it should print its help?

The launcher does a JNI_CreateJavaVM followed by a CallStaticVoidMethod
on the arg.  What are you going to do if there is no command-line arg?
In that case the launcher prints 'you goofed...' not the VM, right?
You didn't goof.

Go type "java" with the RI and see what happens.

If the exe is named "java" and it can find
default/libharmonyvm.[so|dll], then I think it needs to just let the VM
print out something useful.

Sorry for being slow, but this is the bit I don't understand.  How do
you "just let the VM print out something useful"?

If it can't find a VM to run, then yes, it should print out it's help.