On 9/18/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Andrew Zhang wrote:
> On 9/18/06, Richard Liang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> On 9/18/06, Andrew Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > It's me again. Seems no big progress on jetty. I'd like to take the job
>> if
>> > no one objects. Here are my suggestions:
>>
>> Great :-)
>>

>> > 1. jetty version:  I suggest that Harmony adopt jetty 6. Because many
>> > 5.xAPIs are deprecated in jetty 6, we'd better follow latest jetty
>> > version.
>>
>> +1
>>

>> > 2. location to put jetty jars: support module.
>> >

>> Do you mean we will check the jetty jars into Harmony svn?
>

> Yes. Is it OK? Or put the jar in depends folder?

Just make it a depends.  We should avoid checking in jars.

Yes. It's good make jetty as a depends, and we could add jetty.jar
into their build scripts if some modules (e.g., luni) require jetty.
Just thinking about another question, how shall we handle the
.classpath of luni in Eclipse? Use external jar"?

>> 3. how to write jetty test? I suggest that we could start jetty in any
>> test
>> > if necessary. If we found there are heavy code duplicates, we could
>> extract
>> > them as utility methods in support module. So far, I'd like to write
>> jetty
>> > test directly in each module, because the code is rather simple, only a
>> few
>> > lines.[1] It's also easy to write user-customized handler for
>> > negative tests. Let's make it work, and then make it better. :-)
>> >
>> > Any suggestions/comments/objections?  I volunteer to upload patches
>> when
>> we
>> > reach an agreement.
>> >
>> > Best regards,
>> > Andrew
>> >
>> > [1]
>> > jetty-based test example:
>> > setUp code:
>> >             port = Support_PortManager.getNextPort();
>> >             Server server = new Server(port);
>> >             ResourceHandler resource_handler=new ResourceHandler();
>> >             resource_handler.setResourceBase("somewhere");
>> >             server.setHandler(resource_handler);
>> >             server.start();
>> > tearDown code:
>> >             server.stop();