2006/9/18, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Pavel Pervov wrote:
> Tried it on Windows and found the problem which, as it looks like, have
> never been caught before.
> As I discovered, launcher uses platform specific line separators to parse
> harmonyvm.properties on a specific platform. But haromynvm.properties,
> which
> is copied into deploy, has unix line endings and is skipped. As the result,
> EM can't initialize.'

A ha!

> I workarounded this by running unix2dos on harmonyvm.properties.

Ok - we should get that in as eol-native

Actually, the same problem was already fixed for
bootclasspath.properties, and now there is shared properties parser in
luni/common. Also look at HARMONY-1376 - I believe these issues will
be fixed together - just go for a patch if you don't want to wait for
mine ;)

> Anyone else using launcher out there? :)

Yes.  We all will be. :)

geir