On 9/19/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sep 19, 2006, at 7:19 AM, Vladimir Gorr wrote:

> On 9/19/06, Vladimir Gorr <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>

>>  On 9/19/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> > guys - lets be clear.  Are you unsetting it because it was pointing
>> > to Sun or BEA or IBM, or was it set to harmony?
>>

>>  as for me JAVA_HOME refers to JRockit.
>>
>> have you tried setting it to harmony?
>>

>>  yes, I did but w/o success:
>> Unable to find a javac compiler; com.sun.tools.javac.Main is not
>> on the
>> classpath.
>> Perhaps JAVA_HOME does not point to the JDK
>>

> I wanted to say I tried to run our tests (build.sh test) with this
> setting.
> If we need to set JAVA_HOME to the .../deploy/jre how we're going
> to get
> around this.

Yes - I understand.  I assume you can run the tests if you unset?  We
need to figure out why it's suddenly affecting us, with all the
recent changes.  I'm assuming it's something I did, as I changed how
resources are loaded..

I've understood a reason of the test failures when the kernel tests are run
via this command:

./build.bat kernel.test

*An incorrect message is displayed for this case*

    [echo]                 ==============================================
    [echo]                 Please set the classpath of junit as follows:
    [echo]                 build.bat -Djunit.jar=%JUNIT_HOME% test"

*Indeed it should look like*

    [echo]                 Please set the classpath of junit as follows:
    [echo]                 build.bat -Djunit.*home*=%JUNIT_HOME% test"

*In this case all works just fine.*

Thanks,
Vladimir.

geir