On 9/22/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On Sep 22, 2006, at 12:37 AM, Vladimir Gorr wrote:

> On 9/22/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>>
>> Even though we have the jar issue fixed w/t he launcher-based build,
>> I still can't run ActiveMQ using release build on Ubuntu.
>>
>> Can anyone else report success?  Or a patch? :)
>

> I was succesfull on Windows. No success exist for Linux however.

What do you see on linux?

ACTIVEMQ_HOME: /nfs/ins/proj/drl/coreapi/vgorr/Tools/incubator-activemq-4.0
ERROR: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to execute start task. Reason:
with name 'org.apache.activemq.store.PersistenceAdapterFactoryBean' defined
in class path resource [activemq.xml]: Instantiation of bean failed;
snipped

Steps I do are the following:
> 1. unset JAVA_HOME
> 2. set PATH=<.../jre/bin>;PATH
> 3. cd .../activemq-3.2.3\bin; activemq
>
> Are these steps correct?

Close enough.  I set JAVA_HOME to the harmony jre directory (deploy/
jre), added bin to the path, and then

  sh bin/activemq

But I'm using activeMQ 4.0.something

Yes, it seems this version doesn't work correctly. At least on Linux.
I'll try this on Windows as well.

Thanks,
Vladimir.