On Sep 22, 2006, at 8:41 AM, Morozova, Nadezhda wrote:

Geir,

One question: if I (or somebody else for that matter) decide to change
the site.css file, which copy in the checked-out version do I modify?
Sorry if this sounds stupid...

No, it's a good question.

The thing you change is xdocs/site.css

the build should take care of the rest.  if not, I screwed up :)

geir

Best regards,
Nadya Morozova

-----Original Message-----
From: Geir Magnusson Jr. [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Friday, September 22, 2006 4:39 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: [doc] problem w/ css locally?

On Sep 22, 2006, at 8:04 AM, Stefano Mazzocchi wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
I see Tim and Nadya  discussed this already.

I think we want to keep it as error-free as possible... I'm going to
try to just copy site.css on deployment - it means we still only
maintain one copy, but then offline and online is the same
experience.

I tend to hook the css file to an absolute http URL or use ../../
relative locations.

having a working copy that needs to be updated before every commit is
asking for trouble.

Right - so I switched the <link> to be simply local, and modified
build.xml to copy it where it's needed.  So we have extra copies in
the doc tree, but what you see locally is what you see when deployed,
and nothing has to be touched to go between.

Stefano.

For additional commands, e-mail: harmony-dev- [EMAIL PROTECTED]