On the 0x1EF day of Apache Harmony Geir Magnusson, Jr. wrote:
> Egor Pasko wrote:
> >>
> >> If invoked with the option "-Xtrace:em", DRLVM prints compilation
> >> events as soon as they occur. What makes real fun is that one method
> >> starts compilation several times (without success) and receives
> >> SEGFAULT after not so many attempts. The bug may be in OPT or in
> >> recompilation, not clear now. Will investigate (first, I'll try to
> >> compile some methods with JET selectively)
> >
> > the bug is caused by OPT's incorrect compilation of method
> > test_getPackages_V if I move the compilation to JET, the test
> > passes. Investigating...
> >
> > Moving compilation of _one_ method to JET, while _others_ are compiled
> > with OPT *is easy*. All you have to do is put debug.emconf file to
> > .../jre/bin/default and run with the option -Xem:debug
>
> This is *really* cool.  (Of course, I assume a patch is forthcoming to
> fix OPT :)

thanks. I am far from understanding what happens, maybe it's not OPT,
who is guilty. I guess, the failure occurs from within a stub code in
some strange circumstances.. Trying to reduce the test as well as the
number of optimizations that OPT performs.

> We should capture this in a FAQ...

OK, I am taking this job. Time to get along with website :)