On 05 Oct 2006 17:09:35 +0700, Egor Pasko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hello, JIT & GC gurus!

I'd like to share my observations on HARMONY-1862 and move the
discussion from JIRA. Mikhail, Ivan, your opinions are extremely
valuable!

> Mikhail Fursov commented on HARMONY-1682:
>
> Ivan, I checked the test you sent
> The test fails and GC runs only once before the failure.
> I moved all methods except the problem one to Jitrino.JET and
> Jitrino.OPT reports only 2 items: one object and one [mptr,
> object] pair with a small offset.

Well, I have little knowledge in jitrino internals, same for my
ability to read IR trees.

"The offset == MAX_INT is interpreted as unknown. In this case the
correct base for a
managed pointer is chosen in runtime: the algorithm searches for the nearest
known base."

Is this can be a problem? If the base pointer is optimized out and we
will find different object base?
--
Ivan