On Oct 9, 2006, at 9:58 AM, Salikh Zakirov wrote:

Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
I keep getting a failure when running the tests -

test_jthread_get_all-threads failling the assertion at test_ti_instrum.c:80

geir

I have just tried to test HARMONY-1582 patch on Linux/ia32 SUSE 9 and Ubuntu 6.
The smoke and unit tests both pass okay with and without HARMONY-1582.

How did you do it on Ubuntu 6?  What compiler?

However, Ubuntu 6 results are somewhat surprising:
1) DRLVM (Jitrino) does not compile on GCC 4.0.3
2) After applying a fix (HARMONY-1783), cunit tests fail on a clean SVN trunk.

I thought it would be pointless to try to apply HARMONY-1582 before dealing
with the failures.

Just for your information, the failures I have seen are:

ERROR: Assertion 'critical_tts' failed at /export/users/salikh/ drlvm/trunk/vm/tests/unit/thread/test_java_monitors.c:546
INFO: TEST test_jthread_monitor_enter: FAILED
INFO: TEST test_jthread_monitor_try_enter start
ERROR: Assertion 'critical_tts' failed at /export/users/salikh/ drlvm/trunk/vm/tests/unit/thread/test_java_monitors.c:90
INFO: TEST test_jthread_monitor_try_enter: FAILED
ERROR: Assertion 'critical_tts' failed at /export/users/salikh/ drlvm/trunk/vm/tests/unit/thread/test_ti_monitor_info.c:266
INFO: TEST test_jthread_get_owned_monitors: FAILED