Leo Li wrote:
> Due to current VMI, we have to first create a java VM through
> JNI_CreateJavaVM, then we can get property from functions defined by
> VMI. It is possible not to change current vmi design and support java
> -version, but
> we have to create and then "kill" a new java vm. So I think it quite
> wastes. I suggest the vmi.dll export another funciton to give out
> some "static" property of the java vm implementation that is no
> relevent to a live vm.

What are you concerned about wasting?  It will take longer for sure, but
 'java -version' doesn't need to be super fast (it prints to the console
and quits).  In addition, we should consider gathering version
information from the class library code too, i.e. to show each module
version.  I don't think it warrants extending the VMI.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.