On 10/13/06, Salikh Zakirov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

By the way, the array base offset may differ depending on the platform and
array type.
As as I know, currently on 32 bit platform (ia32) the array base offset
is 12 for types of size <= 4.
Double[] and long[] arrays have array base offset 16.

Thank you Salikh, the information is really useful!

on 64 bit platforms, if the vtable pointers are compressed (they are now),
the array base offset is the same as on 32 bit platforms.

AFAIK the current inter component interface uses only 32bit allocation
handle values (e.g. gc_alloc)
To support 64bit allocation handles we have to modify VM<->GC interfaces in
DRLVM.

--
Mikhail Fursov