Bazaar is a funny concept. :) I think it'll work assuming we have a
bazaar police - something constantly checking integrity of our code on
some target platforms. These may be the community members reporting
failures or a tool constantly testing  some target platforms. But this
tool is another topic for discussion.

Thanks,
Pavel

On 10/16/06, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> What an interesting discussion! I have just read this out. :)
>
> IMHO, all of the discussion is focused on the scalability of
> bazar-like development as it exists here in harmony incubator:
>
> If something wrong is commited, then everyone has broken build or
> something doesn't work. - This is bad. System is badly scalable. What
> can we do here?
>
> If build is broken, then the cause might be found by someone and
> posted on harmony-dev. - This is good. And it has good scalability :)

Exactly -- we don't expect committers to be infallible or have every
type of machine and OS version that we intend to 'support' (i.e. keep
running), so we cannot have a model that requires such extensive
pre-commit testing.  Of course, we therefore need full community
approval to declare some revision of code stable, but our bazaar-like
diversity is truly an asset.

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.