Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> I think we can define "support" as - "one or more people in the
                                                    ^^^^^^^

I think in place of "people" should be _"committer"_.

> community tests on that platform on a regular basis, there are users
> that use that platform, and we have people volunteering to find and fix
> bugs that specifically affect that platform"

As a person who tried to fix Linux/x86_64 problems several times,
I can say that the fixes by themselves are not the only thing that
matters. The platform can't be considered supported, if at any
given moment of time is likely to be broken, and the fixes are likely
to be floating somewhere in JIRA.

Certainly, Linux/x86_64 can not be considered "supported" now,
despite of the fact that *there are* people regularly running it
and sending patches.

As of the future, when we hopefully will have more committers, I think
we can *observe* the increase in number of supported platforms.
Each committer will have to decide for himself, which platforms s/he
will check before each commit, and what to watch for in JIRA.
If the committer is doing job well, then and only then we can declare the
platform "supported".
And the platform will stay "supported" only as long as committer is keeping it
running.

Anyway, my point is that supported platform is not something that we
non-committers
can decide on.

P.S. As of the poll, the platforms I have access to and checking occasionally
are

Windows/i686 XP
Linux/i686 SUSE 9 (planning upgrade to SUSE10 soon)
Linux/x86_64 SUSE 9 (planning upgrade to SUSE10 soon)