On 10/16/06, Ivan Volosyuk <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 10/16/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Ivan Volosyuk wrote:
> > GC v4.1 has additional
> > requirement from VM/JIT in order to support collection during
> > enumeration. Other existing DRLVM's GCs doesn't has such requirement
> > and will work just fine either way. There is no interface changes for
> > them.
> >

> So when we switch to v5, this goes away?
>
> geir

Yes. GC v5 doesn't have this requirement for now.

Hi, Ivan and all, I think this is not a bad idea to keep this
capability in JIT. GCv5 currently doesn't need this capability, but
actually I am thinking how to utilize it in future. Who knows? :-) The
bottom line is it has no negative impact on GC design.

Thanks,
xiaofeng