Its a design rule kind of thing.  Breaking the design rule leads to
undefined behavior.  My experience is that the kind of problem described
here leads to very hard to diagnose system instability.  If anything, a
"known" bug of general, intermittant instability could be associated with
this issue.  If it turns out to be too hard for Artem to build what I
suggest, then a hard assert(0); should be installed.  This is a 20 minute
hack.  The downside is that it might snag design rule violations
unexpectedly thus causing lots of angst.