As everyone keeps silence, I'd suggest to change implementation to be bug
compatible with RI.

On 10/15/06, Elena Semukhina <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

On 10/14/06, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Elena Semukhina wrote:
> > Classlib test ThreadGroupTest.test_setMaxPriorityI() fails on DRLVM
> because
> > it expects behaviour that conflicts with specification.
> > The test passes on IBM VME and RI. The issue is reported at
> > https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1625 .
> >
> > Actually there is a bug report in
> > http://bugs.sun.com/bugdatabase/view_bug.do?bug_id=4708197 which
> agreed
> > that
> > this is a bug in RI and it should be fixed.
> >
> > Should we follow RI's behaviour and change drlvm ThreadGroup.java or
> should
> > we fix the test?
>
> I'm off-line at the moment so cannot look at the bug details.  The
> question is whether fixing the 'bug' will likely break any applications?

This question was discussed in Sun's bug report as well. A JCK test
detected this bug. The first evaluation stated that "This is relatively
obscure functionality and it's theoretically possible at that changing the
behavior will break running apps." The second evaluation suggested to
fix the implementation rather than change the spec. The bug is in progress
since 2002...