All,
Finally we have almost everything finished to post "helper's fast-path
inlining" framework into JIRA.

The issue is left is how to call native slow-path versions of the from Java
code. We already discussed some of the aspects, but there was no detailed
discussion with a final agreement what API we will use.

Let's make a final decision so I can add the code into JIRA.

I'm sending my vision of the solution. Correct me or advise another
approach.

Step 1:  How JIT will know if a Java method must be replaced with a native
helper call.
Solution 1.A: Every Java method that must be replaced with native call must
be a static method and must have special "Native" runtime method annotation.

Step 2: How JIT will get the address of the native method to generate a
direct call?
Solution 2.A: Every Java method that must be replaced with native call must
have special "Component" annotation.
JIT will use this annotation to ask Component Manager to access to the
specified component by it's name and call "void* getAddress(const char*
methodName)" component's method to get the address of a helper. That is
every component that have native calls from Java must provide this
interface.

Step 3: How JIT will know which calling convention to use?
Solution 3.A: Use method's annotation again.

These were all of the problems with native calls. Now we need to agree if
the solution proposed is OK or find another one.
Please note, that this is just the first implementation. We can extend it
with more features in the future.

--
Mikhail Fursov