:) thanks for appreciating the docs. This really sounds encouraging ;)

Thank you,
Nadya Morozova

-----Original Message-----
From: Weldon Washburn [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 17, 2006 6:03 PM
To: harmony-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: "Hot to Write GC" requires improvement

On 10/17/06, Morozova, Nadezhda <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Weldon, all,
> I've a question about the GC interface (just double-checking):
> We currently have gc_cc, gc_gen, and gcv4 folders in VM, corresponding
> to three different collectors, right?

Coorect.

 Do then all use an identical API?
> do they all work exactly as the doc describes?

"Do they all work exactly as the doc describes?"  My guess is probably
not
_exactly_ as the doc describes.   But all in all, its close.   IMHO your
documentation is good enough for this stage of the project.  Note that
the
GC/JIT/VM interface will evolve as time goes on.  Thus its impossible to
have an absolutely perfect document.  Thanks for cleaning it up.

Thank you,

wrote:

> > Folks,
> >
> > I took a close look at "Hot to Write GC" [1] and created a patch for
> this
> > doc [JIRA 1881]. I fixed formatting, brushed up the code, removed
> out-dated
> > tags etc.
> > It would be great if someone can find a chance to look at the patch.
> >
> > Thanks in advance!
> >
> > [1]
> http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/drlvm/gc-howto.html
> > [JIRA 1881] http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HARMONY-1881