Nadya,
I'm with you here!
+1. I'm for reducing the number of building instructions:)

Folks,
If you do not mind, I can become a volunteer to manage this merging
procedure.

Please, find a chance to check whether I'm going to do a right job or
not:
1) Remove [1], because it's out-of-date. migrate unique bits (not
repeated elsewhere) to [2].
2) Edit [4] to replace the BuildingInstructions link from [1] to
   [2], so that instructions for both classlib and vm are retrievable.
3) Place a More Details link at [3] to [2], work to minimize
   repetition between these.
4) Name BuildingHintsForClasslib and VMBuildTroubleshooting in a
   similar way to show that they are about the same thing.

Your constructive recommendations/suggestions are very welcome :)

[1]
http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/subcomponents/classlibrary/build_cla
sslib.html

[2] http://incubator.apache.org/harmony/quickhelp_contributors.html