Which JRE are you using to run Ant?
I don't know what the default -Xmx is for Sun.

I was using Sun JDK 1.5.0 indeed. There is some info about memory
limits in Sun VM at [1]:

<--
maximum heap size:

   Smaller of 1/4th of the physical memory or 1GB. Before J2SE 5.0,
the default maximum heap size was 64MB. You can override this default
using the -Xmx command-line option.
<--

However, it is only valid if the parallel gabage collector is used.

[1] http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.5.0/docs/guide/vm/gc-ergonomics.html

Regards,

2006/10/18, Tim Ellison <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Geir Magnusson Jr. wrote:
> can we set this in the build somewhere ?  (why is ECJ such a pig? :)

Which JRE are you using to run Ant?  I'm using IBM 5.0 SR2 (without
ANT_OPTS) and don't have this problem.  I also see OOM during gen-report
with Sun code, but not with IBM's.

I don't know what the default -Xmx is for Sun.

Alexei Zakharov,
Intel Enterprise Solutions Software Division, Russia