But there really contains code about launcher in Harmony/luni, and this
part is maintained by Harmony classlib but not VM. :)

On 10/19/06, Alexey Varlamov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

2006/10/19, Leo Li <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
>  It is quite a dilemma: VM is free to choose the strategy of loading
library
> while the sequence is related to classlib.
>  In my opinion, it is classlib that has enough information and the
> responsibility to decide the library loading sequence.
>  Since the launcher is in the control of classlib, is it possible that
after
> getting the JavaVM, manually load the required library then run the main
> method?

Nope, the launcher is not a part of classlib and will not present in
all configurations (e.g. browser plugin or direct use of Invocation
API).
IMHO #3 is too crooked therefore inacceptable, and indeed we have to
state a VMI contract for loading natives needed by classlib: #1, #4 or
some other. I may suggest:
5. Reuse "bootclasspath.properties" solution. That is, there is always
mandatory hyluni lib, which can set up some property value indicating
a list of required libraries - as it is done now for bootclasspath
jars. After loading hyluni and calling its JNI_OnLoad, VM can read
this list and load other libs.

NB. Currently DRLVM follows #1, that's why it works.

> On 10/18/06, Paulex Yang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Alexey Varlamov wrote:
> > > Can't we use lazy initialization here? I had similar experience with
> > > this class in the past, and think it should not be so fragile to
> > > initialization sequence. And definitely it should not affect whole
VM
> [...]
> >
> > Comments? More ideas?
> >
> > [1] java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: java/util/zip/ZipFile.ntvinit()V
> >    at java.util.zip.ZipFile.<clinit>(ZipFile.java:50)
> >    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
> >    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:177)
> >    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:144)
> >    at
> > com.ibm.oti.vm.AbstractClassLoader.fillCache(AbstractClassLoader.java
:95)
> >    at
> > com.ibm.oti.vm.AbstractClassLoader.getResourceAsStream(
> > AbstractClassLoader.java:134)
> >    at java.util.ResourceBundle$1.run(ResourceBundle.java:282)
> >    at java.util.ResourceBundle$1.run(ResourceBundle.java:1)
> >    at
> > java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:179)
> >    at java.util.ResourceBundle.handleGetBundle(ResourceBundle.java
:277)
> >    at java.util.ResourceBundle.getBundle(ResourceBundle.java:134)
> >    at org.apache.harmony.luni.util.MsgHelp$1.run(MsgHelp.java:114)
> >    at
> > java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:179)
> >    at org.apache.harmony.luni.util.MsgHelp.setLocale(MsgHelp.java:112)
> >    at org.apache.harmony.luni.util.Msg.<clinit>(Msg.java:49)
> >    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initializeImpl(Native Method)
> >    at java.lang.J9VMInternals.initialize(J9VMInternals.java:177)
> >    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:296)
> >    at java.net.URL.<init>(URL.java:156)
> >    at
> > org.apache.harmony.security.fortress.PolicyUtils.getPolicyURLs(
> > PolicyUtils.java:445)
> >    at
> > org.apache.harmony.security.fortress.DefaultPolicy.refresh(
> > DefaultPolicy.java:278)
> >    at
> > org.apache.harmony.security.fortress.DefaultPolicy.<init>(
> > DefaultPolicy.java:184)
> >    at
> > org.apache.harmony.security.fortress.DefaultPolicy.<init>(
> > DefaultPolicy.java:173)
> >    at java.lang.Class.newInstanceImpl(Native Method)
> >    at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Class.java:1250)
> >    at java.security.Policy$1.run(Policy.java:156)
> >    at
> > java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:179)
> >    at java.security.Policy.getDefaultProvider(Policy.java:151)
> >    at java.security.Policy.getAccessiblePolicy(Policy.java:191)
> >    at java.security.Policy.getPolicy(Policy.java:132)
> >    at org.apache.harmony.luni.util.PriviAction.run(PriviAction.java
:133)
> >    at
> > java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(AccessController.java:179)
> >    at java.lang.System.setSecurityManager(System.java:825)
> >    at java.lang.System.installSecurityManager(System.java:155)
> >    at java.lang.System.completeInitialization(System.java:117)
> >    at java.lang.Thread.<init>(Thread.java:129)

java/util/zip/ZipFile.ntvi
too

[EMAIL PROTECTED]