I haven't had a chance to look at the issue (JIRAs down right now,
probably part of the infrastructure move), but have you tried
comparing the actual class files of the problematic class or classes.

I'd suggest compiling the files using ECJ, save them off, compile with
Sun/BEA/etc, save them off and then run javap from a single JDK on
each of the class files and compare them for differences.

-Nathan