Excellent!

I have one more idea: we already have buildtest module. Some time ago we
agreed to extends it by coverage and japi scripts (I hope it happens soon:)
). May be we extend it one more time and store here some scripts for
automatic run of other-projects unit tests? Seems, in this case we can
easily reproduce tests run and enable new platforms.

Of cause, we can not cover all application but we can define some list of
'most important application'.

Is it OK?

Leo, could you share your script for Derby?

Tony, could you share your scripts for ant and log4j?

thanks, Vladimir

PS. The directory structure may be something like that:
builtest
   - trunk
       - cc
       - coverage
       - japi
       - application_test
           - derby
           - ant
           - etc
       - misc (some other scripts)
On 10/25/06, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Nice work!

More inline..

Leo Li wrote:
> 467 Tests Run
> 94% Pass (443 tests passed)
> 6% Fail (24 tests failed)
> 5 Suites skipped
>
> The main progress focuses here:
> 1. Harmony classlib fails to load class when user-defined security
policy
> exists. It is due to the sequence of library loading of VM, which has
been
> resolved now.
> 2. A new workround for derby tests which allow useprocess to run test or
> else several testcases might fail due to derby lack these tests when
> useprocess = false.
> 3. Derby source code uses the version and the name of java vm to decide
> what
> to do, while current IBM VM has the version of "1.4.2" and the name of
> "j9",
> which has different output on the screen from that of standard RI 1.5.
At
> the same time Derby test compares the output of the iteractive test
scripts
> to that of expected. I have made some slight modification in its source
> code, but I have not throughly change this odd behavior, ...,too much:(

Have you approached the derby community with the changes?