Well, they announced the time frame last august, saying that they'd have javac and hotspot out by the end of 2006.

Now, maybe Mr Krill doesn't have a calendar handy, but 30-60 days from now is.... the end of 2006.

:)

Also, don't believe everything you read about JS's statement about the license. While I do think it would be a Good Thing (http://blogs.codehaus.org/people/geir/archives/001418_open_source_java_iii_yes_cddl_would_be_fine.html), I wouldn't bet on CDDL. I'm hoping Sun proves me wrong, though.

geir

Andrew Zhang wrote:
FYI:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/infoworld/20061025/tc_infoworld/83138