Geir,

I tried this preprocessor staff for Java in my previous life. From my
experience the maintenance effort is higher for this solution than for
Source Control.

1. I faced first time how slow regular expressions on Java could be.
2. Perl worked fine but no one around me could understand my
pre-processing scripts and maintain them.
3. The girl from Ireland beat my clever scripts with Sun's TeamWare and
text editor.

+1 for Source Control

With best regards,
Alexei Fedotov,