I see.  I'm familiar with "target" as the place for stuff that's created...

Alexei Zakharov wrote:
In other words: I just wanted to say that the big number of java
projects I've been working with was using "build[.<something>]" as a
place for storing generated stuff like .class and .jar files,
generated docs and etc.

Regards,

2006/10/31, Geir Magnusson Jr. <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

Alexei Zakharov wrote:
> Take me for example. I will be most likely misleaded with "build"
> since the majority of projects I've seen in my life were using "build"
> or "build.<platform>" for  storing build artifacts (as Mark said). I
> agree it is logically to call it "build". But "make" is logical too.
> "ant" or "ant.scripts"  also sound not so bad. Why not to choose the
> less confusing name?

(I believe you meant "make" or "make.<platform>")

What projects?  Java projects?