I wonder if there is any harm in deleting them?

geir

Alexey Petrenko wrote:
I'm using "All" issue view. It shows all the comments and attachment
in time ordered way...

This helps. But marking attachments as obsolete will be better :)

SY, Alexey

2006/11/15, Salikh Zakirov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
Alexey Petrenko wrote:
> Is it possible to configure JIRA to let people to mark issue
> attachments as obsolete? Like in Bugzilla?
> This is very useful feature when issue has few iterations of the fix.

Trick: upload the file with exactly the same name,
then the latest one will be marked as "latest" (in mouse-over baloon),
and earlier versions will be shown in gray.

I use this trick for some time. However, I've seen cases when other contributors
ignored "gray" color of the attachment and reviewed/tested/committed
incorrect patch. So, probably, some care from the reviewers/committers is also needed.