Hi,

It is interesting question. What are advantages of such serialization
model? IMHO majority of Java classes in the world have static fields.
:-) What are usage patterns of this class?

Thanks,

2006/11/16, Andrew Zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
On 11/13/06, Mikhail Loenko <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I guess that Sun has implemented some behavior and some exception
> could be thrown by that implementation.

Sorry for my late reply... Just back from travelling. :)

I don't quite get the point. What does "that implementation" mean? Is it
invoked in SerialJavaObject constructor?

Then they wrapped that exception
> by SerialException and documented in the spec ;)
>
> You might want to implement it without exception throwing and if we find
> an
> inconsistency later -- fix it

ya, I'd like to follow this way. If we find any problem, fix it then. :-)

If no one objects, I'll ignore static/transient check in the constructor.
Thanks!

Thanks,

--
Alexei Zakharov,