Jimmy, Jing Lv wrote:
>     Currently Harmony has pack all its source files into jars and put
> them in deploy\jdk\jre\lib\boot, e.g, luni-src.jar, nio-src.jar, etc(I
> don't know when this happens, however they are here now).

That's been done for a while.

>     In most cases it does not disturb any one. However when I fix
> something in a package(luni) and try to debug in test, eclipse always
> lead me to the source files in the jar, not the file in the workspace I
> currently modify, this do take me into trouble until I find the reason
> and delete luni-src.jar.

That is intentional (not to get you into trouble, but to automatically
find the source from the JRE type).  The bootclasspath.properties file
points to the source JARs and the Eclipse plug-in for Harmony reads it.

We are unusual since are actually developing Harmony, but most people
will be users that step through the class library code while debugging etc.

> (My run environment in eclipse 3.2: take Harmony
> as JRE, put main-luni\bin and JRE-System Library[Harmony] into
> clasapath- bootstrap entries; put test-luni\bin, junit and support into
> classpath- User entries. It works well, only some trouble in debugging).

You should configure Eclipse to pick the source from the project in your
workspace.

>     So IMHO Harmony may find another folder to put these src-jars, e.g.,
> a "src" folder in deploy\jdk, which can be much clear, and will not make
> trouble in debugging any more.
>     Any suggestions/options? Thanks!

I'm not sure that moving their location on disk will help in this case?

Tim Ellison ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
IBM Java technology centre, UK.