The answer depends on a lot of factors that you don't mention.  Do you have
clerical help for processing?  What system are you using?  are you going to
cut and paste cataloging data or type it in yourself.

When I did cataloging (no processing or touching the books)  I tried to get
6-7 per hour.  Currently I'm on a project that involves matching records in
a data base with minimal changes and inport Marc records.  In about 80
hours I have done over 500 items.  I have not labeled or shelved a book,
but the time does include meetings and administrative tasks.

Base on past experience books can take 2 minutes or two weeks to complete.

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to:   [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to:  [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AJL HomePage                  http://www.JewishLibraries.org