No, you certainly didn't offend me; I hardly remember the exchange, it
was a while back, correct?
  I agree that we must learn about different cultures. The danger I see
is that Americans tend to think everyone on earth shares the values of
our culture, when most people do not.  So we are led to believe that we
can install a democracy in Iraq, for example, when American style
democracy is viewed as blasphemy in orthodox Islam.
  Re: Jesus in the temple, there was no other way pilgrims could buy
animals for sacrifice other than changing their currency; there was
nothing wrong with moneychangers to provide that service.  I believe he
didn't "toss out" the moneychangers' tables, but rather "overturned"
them, in the tradition of Hebrew prophets acting out, symbolically,
their prophesy.  I believe he was symbolically acting out the
apocalyptic event he believed to be imminent.  Jesus was a good Jew of
his time.
 >>>      And do you really believe that you would not have any Jewish
books or
any of the Jewish people?  What about the survivors of the camps?
===
  Well, the only reason there were survivors is because the Americans
and British liberated the camps and the only reason they liberated them
was that they defeated the Germans.  They finally, belatedly, made war
in order to protect Western civilization.

Andrea

HaSafran - The Electronic Forum of the Association of Jewish Libraries
Submissions for HaSafran, send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
AJL HomePage http://www.JewishLibraries.org/