From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, December 09, 2003 7:35 PM
To: Warshenbrot, Amalia
Subject: library ideas

Dear Amalia,
     A popular way of fund raising is to have a library fund where people
donate a specific amount of money which you then buy a book with and put in
a book
plate in the book with the donator's name and the reason.  I am enclosing a
letter that I wrote that will be going out to our parent body about just
such a
library fund...

     You can also start a book club.  These are very popular and although they
wouldn't be a fund raiser, they can "get you on the map" so to speak.  There
are so many Jewish authors to chose from and you can have a "classics" book
club featuring books by authors like Leon Uris and Eli Weisel or you can chose
books with Jewish subject matter.

     Why don't you get yourself a committee of people in the community who
love to read who could brainstorm with you?  I have a friend in Charlotte,
Andrea
Gamlin.  I know she is very busy, but I am wondering if maybe she could help
out.  She's very creative and is a great volunteer- hard working.  She has
young kids and probably would appreciate a good Jewish Library.  If you
want, I
can email her?

     Jewish Book Month is happening right now, November 20th to December 20th.
  Is there a Jewish community newspaper that you can put in an article about
Jewish Book Month highlighting your new library?

     Good luck.  -Esther Merzel

Tuesday, December 9, 2003

Dear ICJA Parents;

The Paul and Doris Rosenberg Library of the Ida Crown Jewish Academy
enthusiastically announces to our parent body the wonderful opportunity to
participate
in its "People of the Books" Library Fund.

This is a delightful and creative way to celebrate a birthday or anniversary
or to honor a yartzeit of a loved one.  Why not consider donating to the
"People of the Books" Library Fund to honor friends and family in
celebration of
Chanukah?

     When you donate $30 to the "People of the Books" Library Fund, we will
purchase an appropriate book that will be dedicated according to your
instructions. A bookplate will be placed in the inside front cover,
announcing that this
book was donated by you for any occasion you wish.  All donations under $30
will be most appreciated as well.  All donors will be listed in the next
school
newsletter.

     With your generous participation in the "People of the Books" Library
Fund, the ICJA Library will be even better able to enrich your sons' and
daughters' high school experience!

Sincerely,

Esther Merzel                                                   Debbie
Steinberg
Librarian                                                          Librarian

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      Hasafran at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to:   Listproc at lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to:  galron.1 at osu.edu
AJL HomePage                  http://www.JewishLibraries.org