I am a part-time librarian at a Reform congregation.  I meet with the
K,1,2, & 3rd graders once a month and read them a story and they have the
opportunity to take out a book.

This past year we changed the program and had a theme for the year.  This
past year (2003-2004) our theme has been Israel.  We are having a mesibah
(library party) for these grades as a culminating event.  There will be
games & candy.  We are giving each child a pinwheel with Jewish stars on
them.  We would like to attach a sign that has a catchy phrase such
as:  "Read Jewish books,"  "Jewish books are fun to read."

Can anyone suggest a catchy phrase we might use?

Next question:

Next years theme is "Isaac Bashevis Singer."  I will be reading his stories
to the students and discussing his life.  I would like to have the 2nd &
3rd grade students work cooperatively to make a bulletin board/mural around
his stories.  It would be a "work in progress."  Does anyone have any
suggestions about how I might go about doing this?

Thank you for your help.  Last year when I needed Israeli book ideas, I
received a lot of help.  Thank you.

Wendy Lavenda-Carroll
Librarian
Temple Sholom