I work part-time (4 hours) a week in my temple's library as the children's
librarian.  (I am a certified school librarian and also work full-time in a
public school).

I am beginning to automate my library manually and the children's library
is separate from the adult.  There is no adult librarian and I don't forsee
there being one in the near future.

When I am entering subjects in the MARC records, do I use the adult
subjects (e.g. Juvenile literature) or the children's subjects?
Sometimes only the childrens are listed.

In my school I only list the childrens because as I was taught in school, I
only use adult subjects when the two are mixed together.

Can anyone shed some light on this subject for me?  I would appreciate it.

Wendy Lavenda-Carroll
Librarian
Temple Sholom
River Edge, NJ
<mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]>[EMAIL PROTECTED]

Submissions for Ha-Safran, send to:      Hasafran @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
SUBscribing, SIGNOFF commands send to:   Listproc @ lists.acs.ohio-state.edu
Questions, problems, complaints, compliments;-) send to:  galron.1 @ osu.edu
AJL HomePage                  http://www.JewishLibraries.org