Dear list:

I have been following the discussion on technology with
great interest.  Just as a footnote, on Sunday I chaired a program
for ALA.  The convention center was charging $500 a day for
an LCD projector, and so ALA was simply not making Powerpoint
available to our presenters.  Although this caused some consternation
at first, all the presenters at our program delivered excellent papers
without it.    Having used Powerpoint myself, I know it can add to a
presentation, but I think sometimes it can be a distraction more
than anything else.

Shabbat Shalom,
Joy Kingsolver