Events?

I do not know about any web site, but the Jewish Book Annual - every year
for decades - had a list of Jewish literary anniversaries, compiled by
Rabbi Theodore Wiener.

For any 2004 events I would suggest looking for 50th or 75th anniversaries
in the 1954 and 1979 annuals.

Unfortunately, the JBS in its current form has abandoned this.

NB  Dates are given in Gregorian, not Hebrew calendar. As a result,
Yortsayts are hard to reckon, especially if the death took place in Czarist
Russia - Was the Julian calendar taken into account?